23 August 2008

Routine

I use to have weekly routine entering my illustration to IF, hopping to favorites IF artist, lately I haven't been able to do so..Because my new job is quite tie up, work long hours, plus exhausted from the office political issues.....I am overwhelm, I am tired emotionally and physically. I still debate with myself, how long can I hang on, how much I can take? I think partly is my motivation in my ability! They offer me different position than I applied for, and for them to keeping me, they still give me some design job but I hardly have time to do it, because it's not my first priority in my job list.I miss my part-time job, in small print shop and my other casual job as a general helper in my son school, I miss being left alone in my job, working with children and often go peak in my son classroom....and draw during my leisure time... Honestly, I don't like being chase with deadline, interact with too many calls and people, nor battle the field for job security, I want friendly work-mate, share work load, no competition environment ! I don't mind to be the little soldier at work, get work done, and home free..
Now I am a mother to my little prince, a career goal just not in me anymore...I know what I capable and love......it's my own family and my family members is what more important........
BTW, thanks to you who leaving nice greeting in my previous blog, I have to gather myself first, and then I will resume.
原來年級大了,又身為母親的我,對辦公室政治或者工作地位提不起勁來,煩又忙的新工作環境令我想退後。。。。。我懷念做肥師奶的日子,所以我跟老伴說:"快点去完成你的学业再回到工作戰場去,我就可以相夫教子、照厄爸和姐的起歸飲食、做回肥師奶。"(老伴在月前離開了巳工作十六年職位,因為公司前景茫茫,多次解雇,加上前陣子身體又不適,所以早点拿package再回校進修轉行。為了支特他,而我己享受了這麽多年part-time和無職 日子,該到我出來工作,真正的工作去!可惜心身似乎做不來!現在正在努力如何適應和去融入。。。唉!然道是人在江湖身不由自? 我聽說 " Life is about Choice" ? 你說呢?

13 comments:

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, May! I was so happy to see your little IF icon, but when I saw your post, I got very sad. The cheer in your happy illustrations seems to be drained away. You do look tired in your illustration. I hope things improve or something better comes along. I admire you for pursuing your dream, though. Be well, my friend.

Gina Perry said...

Oh - cute illustrations, but a sad story. I've been there with those types of jobs, good when that's what you're looking for - miserable when it's not! I hope you can work something out that will make you happier for the long run. It's very important to know what you DO NOT want in life too.

Anonymous said...

These are such beautiful illustrations - and I'm so sorry you're having such a hard and exhausting time at the moment. Wishing you lots of good things and time to paint and create and feel truly content:-)

Vickie said...

Your illustrations are great. I hope things go better with your work situation. I hope your life can be as bright and happy as your colorful illustrations.

Tracy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that you are exhausted. :( I understand because I'm exhausted at my job as a teacher! Your artwork is always so lovely to look at; I hope that somehow you will be encouraged to continue posting. You are very talented and although you may not know all your visitors personally, I'm sure your art touches each of us and inspires us. :) It always makes me smile!

INDIGENE said...

Your work is so beautiful! I'm sorry that your work routine sounds awful! Think long and hard, make some decisions and then act!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear fro myou at last. Oh the constraints of life. We are all not spared. But admire you for standing up for hubby, since he has been standing up for the family all the time.

I can only say "Hang in there!"

Rui Sousa said...

Nice work, congratulations!

I invited you to see my new kit´s at
www.ruisousaartworks.blogspot.com

Thanks and regards

Rui Sousa

Josh (musarter) said...

Wow what a great idea. This is one of those ideas I wish I thought of. Nice work.

Juan said...

Great concept and illustrations!!

Bella Sinclair said...

Hello again! I LOVE your new Blog Stop illos. They are adorable, and I'm glad you're finding a little extra time to create. Take care!

安雅媽媽 said...

May,你們全家都很勇敢,一個很大的轉變.
或者過一陣子,當你適應環境後,不願再做回肥師奶呢

LHS said...

慢慢来,也许时间能改变一却。。
你已经很棒了。。。